Sunday 11 December 2011

Audio: Helen Asante Admits,’I’m Scared Of Nadia Buari’!

When GhanaCelebrities.Com spoke with Nadia Buari after grabbing a nomination in the ‘Best Supporting Actress’ category for the upcoming Ghana Movie Awards, she said “…wow it’s good news. It makes me know that at least my works are appreciated. I just wasn’t looking forward to it. My mind was basically opened.”

Though the fast growing and outspoken actress, Helen Asante is excited about her nomination too, she is somehow pessimistic about winning the award on Christmas day.

Nadia was nominated for a hardcore-Police-Officer-role in the hugely successful movie ‘Who Owns The City’, produced by HM Films and directed by Nollywood big boy Ifeanyi Inyeabor.

Helen Asante on the other hand picked a slot in the next category in her role in Shirley Frimpong Manso’s ‘Adams Apple 3’.

Speaking with GhanaCelebrities.Com about her nominations, Helen thinks Nadia being in the category will make things difficult for her, “It’s very challenging. I’m tensed because the category is serious. I mean I’m there with Nadia Buari, please God. I was nominated ‘Best Actress In Supporting role’ for Adams Apple 3”, she screamed.

Responding on why she singled out Nadia Buari, probably a sign of being scared of her. She openly admitted to GhanaCelebrities.Com that “I’m scared”, continuing that, “I wish I can tell her, Nadia please let me have [award] this. She is my big sister, so hey it wouldn’t be bad if she let me have it. So yeah, I feel great [Aside the fears].”

Answering a question about whether she thinks Nadia Buari will worry her in the category. She answered in affirmative. “I think she is a force for me to reckon with. Seriously because, I mean come on Nadia Buari in capital letters. Roselyn Ngissah [Somewhere In Africa], [co-winner] Best Actress for last year. Martha Ankomah [Bed Of Roses] is there. This is serious challenge for me.” She ended.

As she centred her attention on Nadia Buari, Roselyn Ngissah and Martha Ankomah, Helen forgot that, Ghana’s current ‘Favourite Actress’ Yvonne Nelson [4 Play Reloaded] is also in the category and can cause a major surprise.

The second edition of the Ghana Movie Awards comes off on Sunday, December 25 at the Accra International Conference Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment