Monday 6 September 2010

The Terrible Dream I Had: An Encounter With The White Lady


This is a dream I had whiles struggling to sleep. Though I did force myself to sleep, I wish I had not done that at all because of the dreams I had.

Okay! It was Sunday the 5th of September, 2010 and the time was 8:00am, exactly the time I woke up from bed. I woke up from bed not in the best of moods; I was actually filled with anger towards Kofi, a friend I called a day before to come to my place for us to go to the town and have fun, preferably a night club, like we do every weekend.

I know you will be wondering why I called a guy instead of a girl but I can tell you that ‘Ebenezer is no gay’. I do enjoy the company of guys because you know the feeling when you go out with a girl right? You are turn into a statue and everything you do is view with an eagle eye. Basically, it’s not my thing to go out with a girl. Period!

Back to the issue. I had called Kofi at some few minutes pass 7pm and since I didn’t want to be idle, I decided to work on some stories for GhanaCelebrities.com. Like my boss said in his article captioned ‘The Things We Take For Granted As Africans & Ghanaians, I Am Guilty, What About You?’, Blogging on GhanaCelebrities.com sounds interesting, easy and luxurious (getting paid to write) but it takes a lot of time and if you are not careful, it can overshadow your entire social life.

Three hours later, I called Kofi again and he said “Ebenezer am sorry I can’t make it because I have a visitor now”. Damn! You are an idiot; I remember I said that back to him before I hanged up. So on Saturday night, I slept a bit earlier than I do always, just blame it on my friend.

Back to Sunday! Few minutes later after I woke up from bed, Electricity Company of Ghana (the most hated government officials in Ghana) did their thing again, which is to put the ‘light off’. The light’s off stayed on for the whole. Imagine a Sunday without light (you know the feeling I guess).

In the darkness, I mistakenly stepped on my phone and guess what? The screen is broken now. I won’t forgive the E.C.G. anytime soon.

After the phone incidence, I cooked some oats for myself before going to visit friends in the neighbourhood. In the afternoon, I settled for some heavy bowl of fufu with goat soup (aponkye nkrakra) with a chilled bottle of star to wash it down nicely. You dig?

The bowl of fufu was still having its toil on me that evening, so I settled for ‘kelewele’ (fried ripe plantain mixed with pepper) with a chilled bottle of gulder; this sent me straight to the dreamland immediately.

Now the terrible dream. I’m not a spiritual person, not a hypocrite either so I don’t read meanings into dreams I have had over the years even though my former girlfriend does. In this dream, I was just going somewhere; don’t know where exactly but on my way, I met this white lady in wheelchair. Naturally, I’m an emotional person and respect the womenfolk though am not obsessed with white women.

But her plight in the wheel chair made me weak, hence stopping to talk to her. “How did you end up in this thing (wheel chair)” I queried. Mind you, I didn’t think I would be talking to her again after that day, so her name didn’t really matter to me. So I never asked of her name. We spoke for somewhat lengthy. (This is just a dream where seconds seem like hours).

After talking for a while, she held my hand and said she’s not had sex for along time. After waiting for some few seconds, “And so how do I come in here?” I asked. She started pleading but I told her I can’t help her. Just when I was about leaving, the woman started pleading with me to help her.

To my utter surprise this woman started unzipping my zip. I just stood there looking at her. She managed to bring out my manhood and just when she was about putting it on her mouth to give me blowjob, then two policemen and two military men surfaced from no where. They were full armed.

I was then arrested and taken to a far away place and the beatings started and continue unabated. This is exactly what happened in my dream. Though I will not read different meanings into it, as I woke up from my sleep, the beatings was still going on and on.

So I decided to blog on this dream and share my experience with you readers. Do you think someone is after my life? A confused mind wondering …

No comments:

Post a Comment