Thursday 4 November 2010

A-Plus Insults 4Syte Music Video Awards! Says It's A 'Sakawa' Music Awards & They Are CopyCats Of Charter House




The 2nd 4Syte TV Music Video Awards 2010 launch is schedule to come off on the 9th of October 2010 at the Hollywood Lounge, Citizen Kofi. But hiplifer Aplus, known in real life as Kwame Asare Obeng has threw insults to the awards saying 'it's a sakawa awards'.

When the full list of nominations of the second edition of the 4Syte Music Video Awards was released APlus' 'Letter to the West' had two nominations. It was nominated in the 'Best Male Video', as well as 'Best Photography' categories. Speaking to GhanaCelebrities.com about his nominations, he said he is not enthused about the whole nominations.

In the 'Best Male Video', he is nominated alongside Richie with 'When I Get You', Samini with 'Baby', Kwabena Kwabena with 'Dadie Anoma', Tinny with 'Ringtone' and Jay Ghartey with 'My Baby'.

His 'Letter to the West' which talks about Horror in Africa; Oppression, Corruption, Dictatorship, Atrocities, Malnutrition was nominated with 4X4 with 'Fresh One', Scizo with 'I Dey 4 U', VIP with 'I Think I Like Am', Samini with 'Baby' and Sarkodie with 'Baby' in the 'Best Photography' category.

The rapper who has been touted as a politically incorrect musician went through the categories and laughed over them. He said 'This people are not truthful to themselves. All they want to do is to emulate Charter House'.

Though he had two nominations, APlus bemoaned about being left out in the following categories 'Best Editing', 'Overall Best Video', 'Best Directed', 'Best African Act' & 'Best Collaboration'. He believed since his video has been constantly featured on BBC, CNN & BET, it was wise for the organizers to include the video in the above categories.

Though his video is not placed in the 'Best Editing' and 'Best Directed', he dared the organizers to go back and watch the videos again and tell him which of the nominated videos in the above named categories are best edited and directed than his video. As far as he is concern, the organizers erred in not placing 'himself' and Praye in the 'Best Collaboration' category.

He said what the organizers were looking for was for a video where ladies come and show their bum. To him, most of the videos nominated show how bad the whole award is and asked 'what is the point in awarding a video where the people in the video pretend to be what they are not?'

'Most of them goes to hire big posh cars and use them in their videos and the next minute you see them fighting over trotro'.

He revealed to GhanaCelebrities.com that since he wanted his video to make sense and go with the lyrics in the songs, they travelled to Burkina Faso to shoot the video.

This is his message to Ignace Hego of 4Syte TV. 'I say to Ignace that, I don't need him to give me award and tell me who I am because I know myself. I have over 5000 friends on Facebook, they watch my videos and write on my page, this is enough for me'.

He ended by saying 'I don't want to be part of any 'sakawa' awards'.

No comments:

Post a Comment