Wednesday 30 November 2011

GC Exclusive Interview With Nadia Buari: Talks About Her 2011 Ghana Movie Awards Nomination, Says She Has No Problem With Jackie Appiah, Talks About Dede Ayew & Fally Ipupa, Upcoming Family Reality TV Show & Others

Nadia Buari was awarded as Ghana’s Best Actress In A Supporting Role during last year’s Ghana Movie Awards. She got the nod ahead of her fellow actresses in her role in ‘Check Mate’, a Sparrow Production movie written and directed by Shirley Frimpong Manso.

Last Saturday in Golden Tulip, Kumasi, the nominees for this year’s awards were announced. She was nominated again in the same category for her role in ‘Who Owns The City’, a movie produced by HM Films and directed by Nollywood director Ifeanyi Inyeabor.

Also in the category includes Roselyn Ngissah [Somewhere In Africa], relatively new entrant Helen Asante [Adams Apple 3], Yvonne Nelson [4 Play Reloaded] and Martha Ankomah [Bed Of Roses].

Nadia who claimed she had come to just have fun and a good time, spoke with GhanaCelebrities.Com about her nomination again. She made interesting revelations about her that people do not know. She also talked about why her family is coming out with a reality show. She laughed at the rumour circulating that producers are not giving her roles…

GhanaCelebrities.Com: What do you think of your nomination?

Nadia Buari: [Surprise] I was nominated? For real? Oh wow. I was actually coming here just to have a good time. I had no idea… I’m coming. I’m now coming here. So here that I’m nominated, wow its good news. It makes me know that at least my works are appreciated.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: Why are you surprised that you got nominated?

Nadia Buari: I don’t know. It’s not really about being surprised. I just wasn’t looking forward to it. My mind was basically opened. I was coming here just to have a good time. So it wasn’t really whether or not I was nominated.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: Let’s talk about the Ghana Movie Awards. Do you sincerely think it has any future?

Nadia Buari: Of course. I mean … Come on; I think we are going far. I think in the past few years that we started; I think Ghanaian movies have actually gone international. Of course, we do have a future. I mean great future, great potentials.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: You won the best supporting actress in Ghana last year. We couldn’t get a time to talk to you about it. What do you have to say about it?

Nadia Buari: [Smiling] I was excited. I mean I was really humbled. I mean every award no matter what it is; you just have to be appreciative and I was really honoured that I got the award for Best Supporting actress in ‘Check Mate’.

GhanaCelebrities.Com:  People say Nadia Buari doesn’t talk. She doesn’t like the media. Can you confirm or deny that?

Nadia Buari: I hear that and it saddens my heart because I’m grateful to the media. I don’t think I would have done this far in my career had it not been for the media because they make my fans get to know my works and get to know who I am. However I think in the past few years, a lot of things have been written about me that are so not true. And it really hurts to know why people will just fabricate stuff and publish it to make my fans get a total different perception of who I am.

So for me, I think the less I comment on that, the better, that’s how come I stay away. And I think that if I going to concentrate on everything written about me, I wouldn’t be getting any work done. I got too much to do to be focusing on what being written, what article that is derogatory that is written about me.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: Don’t think because you don’t talk to the media, that’s the reason why they go ahead to speculate about you?

Nadia Buari: You know what I think, a lot of time they publish the false stuff and then they come to me to try to correct that. My thing is why would you have to do that, you should consult me and let me let you know whether is the true or not before you publish it. So you already publish the false stuff, what is the warranty that the number of people that read the false stuff are the same people are going to read the correction. That’s why I just don’t bother.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: There is something going on in your family. Something like a reality show. Would you want to share a little info on that?

Nadia Buari: First of all I love my family. I love my siblings. The reason why we want to have a reality is because I think there is so much about me that the world out there don’t know, so that’s why basically and plus I got different characters in my family. We are crazy people and every time just sharing moment with them is a whole movie. So for us, we just thought, why not put whatever we do in doors out there so people can see how crazy people that we are.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: What’s your relationship with your fellow actresses? Be very honest.

Nadia Buari: Hmm! I’m going to be very honest. I got a very good working relationship with them. I don’t know what you mean relationship but I work with them because they are my colleagues and we share a very good relationship.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: Okay! People say Nadia Buari has a problem with this actress or that actress. Can you clarify that?

Nadia Buari: I’m going to clear the air now. I do not have a problem with any of my colleagues. I do not have any problem. I might not be good friends with them but I just don’t have any problem with them. You might not see me hang out XYZ but that doesn’t mean that I have a problem with them. No.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: There is another rumour going rounds that, Nadia Buari is not getting scripts [roles] now. People are not approaching. How true is it?

Nadia Buari: You know when I heard that, I actually commented on that. I just thought it was really ridiculous. In the past few months … this whole year, I don’t think I have had the time to rest, I’m so busy I actually feel like one day, God forbid, I’m going to break down. When I heard that I laughed. For me it was one of those derogatory stuff, one of those cooked stuff, one of those fabricated stuff to still tarnish my image so to speak. I think the person who sent out that information should have checked to find out what I was really doing than to bring out something like that.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: Let’s talk about your relationship. People say you are dating Dede Ayew. They say you are dating DBanj and others say you are dating Fally Ipupa..

Nadia Buari: [Cut in] To comment that quick… if I should step out with a guy, automatically people assume I’m dating the person. It’s sad. I wonder why they do that. I went to the awards with Fally Ipupa, we walked on the red carpet, the next thing I’m dating him. Dede, I have no idea where that rumour is started from. In fact, if I should walk out with whomever in public, automatically, they assume I’m dating that person.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: So who is Nadia Buari dating now?


Nadia Buari: [Laughs] That’s my little secret.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: Are you fighting us?

Nadia Buari: Who are you?

GhanaCelebrities.Com: I’ m Ebenezer from GhanaCelebrities.Com, people say we don’t like Nadia and she does not like us.

Nadia Buari: I also read that but as I said, I have a good relationship with the media.

GhanaCelebrities.Com: Congrats on your nomination.

Nadia Buari: Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment